of Trump Tower | Batumi, Georgia
- New York, NY, August 11, 2011 – Silk Road Group (“SRG”), in an agreement with The Trump Organization, has selected John Fotiadis Architect PLLC (“JFA”), a New York-based architecture firm, for the master planning and concept design of its forthcoming luxury property in the city of Batumi, Georgia. The project builds on Georgia’s emerging reputation as a prime destination for tourism and as a strategic location for businesses.
- The development of a Trump residential tower in the booming Black Sea resort of Batumi demonstrates the successful transformation of this area by President Mikheil Saakashvili over the past five years. The resort in Batumiwill showcase a luxury residential tower, world-class marina, and a waterfront retail development.
- “We are delighted to have been chosen to create a master plan and building concept design for this world-class resort,” said John Fotiadis, founder of JFA. “JFA’s unique knowledge and experience working in this region coupled with our expertise in planning and design will help create an intelligently-designed, exciting and innovative seaside property.”
- “We are happy that John Fotiadis has been selected to develop the master plan and concept design of the Trump residential in Batumi,” said George Ramishvili, Chairman of Silk Road Group “JFA was in fact recommended to us personally by Mr. Trump as they have the experience of very successful cooperation in the past. We believe John Fotiadis team will bring the peculiar “New York spirit” into our project which we expect to be another success story in our country as well as in the whole region”.
- “Mr. Trump firmly believes that the Trump Tower Batumi will be a beacon of excellence supreme to anything in the region. John Fotiadis has worked with the Trump Organization on several projects and truly understands Mr. Trump’s vision of five star luxury living. By combining the Trump Organization with local partner Silk Road Group and Fotiadis Architecture, this project will offer a lifestyle choice never seen before in the region. Mr. Trump looks forward to the upcoming ground breaking ceremony and releasing the design plans for this building.”- said Michael Cohen, Executive Vice President and Special Counsel to Donald J. Trump.
- Fotiadis and his team have been involved with the Trump brand in the past, playing key roles in the development of Trump Towers Istanbul and Trump Parc in Stamford, CT. This project further expands JFA’s business activities in the region. JFA is presently designing projects in Ukraine and Turkey, and recently opened a representative office in Kiev.
Silk Road Group, led by Georgian businessman George Ramishvili, is one of the leading private investment groups active in the Caucasus and Central Asian region with participations in different sectors of the Georgian economy, including transportation, trading, real estate, retail, tourism and telecommunication. Jointly with its partners, SRG has facilitated investments of over USD 400 million into the Georgian economy over the last six years. Most recently, SRG celebrated the opening of the Radisson Blu Batumi hotel project, developed jointly with other investors. www.silkroadgroup.net
- About The Trump Organization
The Trump Organization encompasses global real estate development and global licensing, sales and marketing, property management, golf course development, entertainment, entertainment and product licensing, brand development as well as restaurants and event planning. The product licensing division of the company has selectively granted licenses for the manufacture and distribution of product under the Donald J. Trump Signature Collection brand (men’s suiting, dress shirts, neckwear, jewelry and accessories, small leather goods, cold weather accessories and eyewear) and the Trump Home brand (furniture, home décor, lighting and mattresses). In addition, licenses have been granted for gourmet chocolate, coffee and premium spirits. Donald J. Trump is the Chairman and President of The Trump Organization, a privately held company in New York. For more information, visit www.trump.com
- About John Fotiadis Architect PLLC
John Fotiadis Architect PLLC (“JFA”) is a full service architecture firm based in New York City, offering architectural design, master planning, urban design, and interior design services. Founded in 2009 by John Fotiadis, an architect with over 19 years of international experience, the firm is presently involved in the design of projects in New York, Turkey and Ukraine. Projects include a concept design for a high-rise tower in New York’s financial district, an 800,000 sf. office building in Kiev, an 110,000 sf. residential building in Donetsk(Ukraine) and master planning of a 30 acre resort development in Southern Turkey. www.fotiadis.net